First to construction a non-domestic PassivHaus accredited building in Ireland and first PassivHaus accredited retail premises in the world, at Tramore Co. Waterford.
Proactively responding to client requests to reduce the carbon footprint of all development work.
Actively revisiting existing building stock to reduce carbon emissions from existing operations.
Mannings have explored the feasibility and promoted the following sustainable initiatives in both distribution centres and retail stores in Ireland:
• Installation of 'Combined Heating and Power Generation' (CHP)
- as well as Trigeneration (combined heating, cooling and power generation CHCP).
• Wind turbines.
• Geothermal power.
• Solar and photovoltaic panels.
• Biomass facility.
• Natural light wells.
• Energy-efficient cabinet lighting.
• Increased under-floor insulation.
• Improved air sealing details to building fabric and perimeter access doors.
• Timber frame structures.
• CO2 refrigerant.
• Rainwater harvesting.
• Lighting sensors.
• Timber-frame construction in lieu of steel frame.
• GGBS cement where possible in concrete works.
• Prefabricated petrol station kiosks and small store modules to minimise on site construction waste and attendances.
• Mannings have carried out air testing all new build construction since 1999, regularly achieving air test results less than 2m3/m2/hour when pressurised to 50Pa.
• Knowledge accrued through constantly challenging the integrity of different building fabrics, gives us a competence that is central to sustainable building practises.
We have the capability to conduct comprehensive Energy audits and BER assessments of existing and new building stock.
We have demonstrated our understanding of the challenges presenting to the construction industry in delivering sustainable projects that can meet or surpass the standards set by the Building Energy Rating requirements.
With our proven track record and extensive portfolio of working as a refit contractor in trading premises, as well as new build projects, we can offer a tailored design and build solution on a nationwide basis, to surpass the sustainability aspirations of clients in existing building stock and new build projects.